This is a study on the state of coordination of services and psychosocial needs of people with mental disorders and their families in Vilanova i la Geltrú.
The objectives of the diagnosis are:
- Make a brief quantitative analysis on mental health in the Garraf.
- Identify strategies for coordination and collaboration between the health and social services involved in tackling mental health Vilanova. This, through:
- On a map of the key players that make a picture of the type of intervention of each service interviewed, detecting what role they have in the network of mental health care in Vilanova, and the relationship they have with other network services.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of the coordination of the network of mental health care in Vilanova.
- Collect opinions, assessments and proposals for improvement regarding the care of people with mental health problems and their families. This objective is specified from:
- Pick up the story that are the users of different services and their families about the experience and living with a TM in different areas and life situations: the stigma of having a TM, the therapeutic process, and the social network of mental health care.
- Detecting what needs attention from people who have TM and their families.
This study was conducted from a working group which has been the promotion and coordination of VNG[in]nclusion, supervision of the Department of Services for Persons of the Barcelona Provincial Council, Spora Synergy, the areas of Public Health and Social Services of the City of Vilanova, the Bureau of Mental Health Garraf (represented by AFAMMG) and Catalonia Federation of Mental Health. This group agrees on engine design and goals of the diagnosis and coordinated development.